The 13th Annual Florida Bat Festival is a local Gainesville event held every fall on the beautiful grounds of Lubee Bat Conservancy.
“Dismiss the Myths! Learn the Truth about Bats!” Our Flying Giants are ready to dispel the myths and superstitions surrounding these gentle animals.
– View giant fruit bats
– Activities, games, & educational exhibits
– Raffle prize drawing featuring a Walt Disney World Parks Package!
– The Kids Zone area will feature Bounce Houses provided by SpaceWalk of Gainesville.
This is a family friendly event, so join us for lots of Batty fun, games, music, environmental organizations, food, and of course the Largest Bats in the world right here in your back yard! #FLBATFEST
What’s New This Year…Scavenger Hunt, Native Bats, Human Foosball & expanded Beer Garden!!
– Dismiss The Myths! Learn if the 13 most “popular” bat superstitions are indeed something to fear. Go on a scavenger hunt and discover all the bat superstition posters located throughout the festival and YOU be the judge!
– Interactive Native Bat Displays – Journey into the Lubee barn and discover interactive displays highlighting native FL species and the habitats they live. Guests will also learn about echolocation and how to ID bats through their calls.
– Human Foosball – That’s right, play a game of Human Foosball, sponsored by WeFooz!! Check out their website!
The festival is a fun, relaxing and recreational experience for the whole family with free activities, including bat-themed crafts and games for kids, educational exhibits, bouncy huts provided by Space Walk and presentations by bat experts. All proceeds of the festival help support bat conservation and education programs. The festival is held at Lubee Bat Conservancy, a 110-acre ranch, located at 1309 N.W. 192nd Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32609.
Admission is FREE for children ages 4 and under, $5 for ages 5-12 and $8 for ages 13 & up! We highly recommend grabbing your friends or family and carpooling! For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Like us on Facebook for festival updates
Our Mission Statement
Lubee Bat Conservancy is an international non-profit organization dedicated to saving bats and their habitats through research, conservation, and education, with a focus on community engagement.